Lamar State College-Orange is an open-admission, lower-division state institution of higher education within the Texas State University System.
The primary purpose of Distance Education is to maximize student access to courses through the use of a web-based delivery system.
Distance Education supports the college’s mission and its strategic plan by enhancing student learning and success.
All distance education courses at LSC-O are accessed through the Internet. Online courses are hosted by Blackboard at their hosting site. To log in to these online classes, students must have access to the Internet through their own Internet Service Provider or through computers located on campus.
Distance Education GOALS
PROMOTE SUCCESS THROUGH CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION THAT ADDRESS STUDENT LEARNING NEEDS THROUGH DISTANCE LEARNING.
1. Maintain an academic course inventory delivered via distance learning that provides a solid foundation of general education, fully transferable to senior institutions.
2. Develop and maintain vocational/technical certificate and degree programs offered online, that are relevant to student interests and labor market demands.
3. Ensure quality instruction in distance learning through effective course design and assessment.
PROVIDE STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES AND PROGRAMS THAT COMPLEMENT DISTANCE LEARNING AND ADDRESS STUDENT NEEDS.
1. Support library with resources that enhance distance learning for students.
2. Offer advising/counseling activities that provide a foundation for student success in distance learning.
3. Provide an learning environment for student success and retention in distance learning that is equivalent to traditional learning.
PROVIDE DISTANCE LEARNING SUPPORT SERVICES TO FACULTY, STAFF, AND ADMINISTRATORS.
1. Provide opportunities for professional development.
2. Provide appropriate technologies and facilities to meet the needs of instructional services.