Health Occupations Basic Entrance Test (HOBET)
For Pharmacy Technology and Dental Assisting Students Only !!
HOBET Test Preparation
- Study Guides and online practice tests are available from Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) at www.atitesting.com or may utilized in the library (may not be checked out).
Registering for the HOBET
- $36.00 testing fee required prior to testing. You may pay by phone (409) 882-3371 or in person or at the Cashier’s office located on the third floor of the Ron E Lewis Library. You must request a receipt.
- When paying by credit card, please contact the Cashier’s office if you have not received your receipt within a week of payment. This receipt MUST be presented at the testing center prior to testing.
- Contact the Testing Center to schedule time and date for your HOBET to be administered (409) 882-3330.
- Start times for exams are Mon-Thurs 8:30am to 2:30pm; Fri 8:30am-1:30pm.
HOBET check-in requirements:
- Picture ID is Mandatory. The test administrator is required to verify identification by visually inspecting your identification. Test security procedures mandate the positive identification of examinees prior to beginning the exam. The test administrator is required to deny admission to any person who cannot be positively identified.
- Arrive at the Testing Center located on the first floor of the Ron E. Lewis Library approximately 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
HOBET General Information
- The HOBET measures essential skills in the academic content area domains of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. Allow three and a half hours for the exam.
- The use of calculators is permitted during the HOBET.
HOBET Score Reports
- Your test scores are available immediately after completing the exam. Please print 3 copies, two for our records and one for your records.
- You must achieve a score of 50% on reading comprehension and 50% on language skills and 50% on math to be eligible for consideration in the Pharmacy Technology or Dental Assisting Program. The test may be repeated after 5 days.
- Reschedule – no extra charge
- LSC-O Cashier’s Office (409) 882-3371
- LSC-O Testing Center (409) 882-3330
- Pharmacy Tech Program Director (409) 882-3035
- Dental Assisting Program Director (409) 882-3022
- Allied Health Secretary (409)-882-3044