How to Apply to the Pharmacy Technology Program
Special Admission Requirements for Pharmacy Technology Program
Students must meet the following admission requirements to be accepted into the Lamar State College Orange Pharmacy Technology Program:
- possess a high-school diploma or a GED certificate;
- be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age;
- obtain a clear background check
- take and pass the ACCUPLACER Arithmetic, Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills
- all students must register with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy who will do a background check;
- complete the Pharmacy Technology Program Application;
- complete the Applicant Interview Form and Employment History Form;
- have one personal letter of recommendation on the form provided; and
- be recommended by the program director or designee for admissions.
Students will be notified of their acceptance into the Pharmacy Technology Program by letter. After acceptance students are required to submit the results of a negative tuberculin skin test and a negative drug/alcohol screen.
If applicant cannot pass drug screen test, regardless of illicit or controlled drugs, it would be in the best interest of the applicant not to apply for this program.
General Admission Requirements
Before being accepted into the Pharmacy Technology Program, you must meet the LSC O general admission requirements. Please contact the Office of Admissions and Records at (409) 882-3364 or by e-mail, if you have questions or need assistance.
Mail completed Pharmacy Technology Program application to:
Pharmacy Technology Program
Lamar State College Orange
410 Front Street
Orange, TX 77630