Instructions for Obtaining Your Background Check
for Clinical Education Program
Lamar State College Orange Pharmacy Technology
The Lamar State College Orange Pharmacy Technology Program requires background checks on incoming students to insure the safety of the patients treated by students in the program. You will be required to order your background check in sufficient time for it to be reviewed by the program director prior to registering for the dental assisting program. A background check typically takes 3 normal business days to complete. The background checks are conducted by PreCheck, Inc., a firm specializing in background checks for healthcare workers. Your order must be placed online through StudentCheck.
Go to www.mystudentcheck.com and select the name of the school, then select your Program from the drop down menu.
Complete all required fields and hit Continue to enter your payment information. The payment can be made securely online with a credit or debit card. You can also pay by money order, but that will delay processing your background check until the money order is received by mail at the PreCheck office. Texas residents will pay $53.58 and New Mexico residents will pay $40.75 Residents in all other states will pay $38.00. For your records, you will be provided a receipt and confirmation page of your background check order placed through PreCheck, Inc.
PreCheck will not use your information for any other purposes other than a background check. Your credit will not be investigated, and your name will not be given out to any businesses.
If you need assistance, please contact PreCheck at StudentCheck@PreCheck.com.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long does the report take to complete? Most reports are completed within 3 business weekdays.
- Do I get a copy of the report? Yes. Log into www.mystudentcheck.com and select students. Click on “here”, put in your SSN and DOB. If your application is complete, then you click on the application number to download and print a copy of your report. This feature is good for 90 days after submittal.
- Does PreCheck need every street address where I have lived over the past 7 years? No. Just the city and state.
- I have been advised that I am being denied entry into the program because of information on my report and that I should contact PreCheck. Where should I call? Call PreCheck’s Adverse Action hotline at 800-203-1654. Adverse Action is the procedure established by the Fair Credit Reporting Act that allows you to see the report and to dispute anything reported.
- I have a criminal record. What should I do? Disclose the crime on your application.