Did you stop college, but now want to return?
Come back and we will help fund your tuition!
Lamar State College Orange has received a grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to cover tuition and fees for students who began college but dropped out before earning a degree or certificate and who wish to return.
Eligible students can receive between $500 to $2,500 per semester, which can include up to $500 for supplemental expenses.
This program is available to Texas residents who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have attended college at some point in the past but who have not been enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the previous academic semester or previous six months;
- Enroll in an eligible undergraduate program or short-term workforce credential program on either a full-time or part-time basis;
- Must have at least a 2.0 GPA from your previous enrolled studies (and show Satisfactory Academic Progress for all college coursework);
- Not have exceeded 150% of the published length of your degree or program of study;
- Must have a completion rate of at least 70% of your overall attempted hours;
- Must have less than 50% remaining toward their desired degree;
- Have filed a 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).; and,
- Have been impacted by COVID-19 in some way.
Eligible programs of study include:
- Medical Assisting
- Business Management
- Business Management Accounting
- Computer Science
- Court Reporting
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Assisting
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Industrial Technology
- Information Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Process Technology
- Registered Nursing
- Vocational Nursing
- Welding Technology
The grant money is available through February 15, 2022, so enroll now!
For more information, email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.