Registered Nursing Transition Program
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM UPDATES:
Applicants must meet the degree plan requirements.
- RNSG 1300 (three hour course) Health Assessment is required. RNSG 1215 (two hour course) will no longer be accepted.
- PSYC 1200 Learning Frameworks for Nursing is a required course and must be completed within three years of starting the nursing program.
- RNSG 1300 and RNSG 1311 must be taken within five years of entering the RN Transition Program.
HESI Admission Assessment (A2) scores must be within one year. You may take the exam a total of two times per calendar year. You must achieve a 75 Composite Score, an Anatomy and Physiology score of 75% or higher, and a Reading Comprehension Score of 80 to be eligible for consideration in the RH Transition program.
The RN Transition Program was developed in 1989 to meet the unique learning needs of the experienced LVN/LPN, providing these individuals with both career and educational mobility. Our philosophy holds that the experienced Licensed Vocational Nurse has a basic level of nursing knowledge upon which to build and has learning needs different from those of generic students. The RN Transition Program fosters the development of critical thinking skills in the clinical environment. Graduates of the RN Transition Program are eligible to write the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN®).
- Program Description
- Degree Plan
- Registered Nursing Application Information
- Registered Nursing Application
- Career Information
- Course Equivalency
- Admission Assessment (A2) Information
- Financial Aid- Estimated Expenses & Scholarships
- Sim Lab
- RN to BSN Articulation Agreement
- History, Physical and Immunization Forms
Our program is approved through:
Texas Board of Nursing
333 Guadalupe St., Suite 3-460
Austin, TX 78701
Associate Dean of Nursing
Leah Anne McGee
Phone: (409) 882-3307
Fax: (409) 883-9960
Nursing Classroom Bldg., Rm. 104J
Nursing Administrative Assistant
Phone: (409) 882-3344
Fax: (409) 883-9960
Nursing Classroom Bldg., Rm. 104A
RN Transition Program Faculty
Allied Health Bldg., Rm. 222
Nursing Classroom Bldg., Rm. 104H
Allied Health Bldg., Rm. 236
W. Katherine Smith
Allied Health Bldg., Rm. 220
Allied Health Bldg., Rm. 233