Dual Credit Students
The Lamar State College Orange Dual Credit program is designed for high school students to earn concurrent high school credit and college credit by taking the same courses while they are still attending high school. In most instances, students take the courses at the high school, and many students begin the program in their junior year.
Students enrolled in the Dual Credit program are admitted and registered as college students, pay college costs at a greatly reduced rate, and generate a college transcript at the end of the course. All course credits earned are fully transferable to any public college or university in the state of Texas and to most other colleges and universities as well.
Students interested in earning college credit for high school courses should contact their high school counselors or the Lamar State College Orange Dual Credit Office at DualCredit@lsco.edu, 409-882-3955.
- Apply to LSCO at GoApplyTexas.org
- ApplyTexas Instructions
- Click here for a video on submitting your ApplyTexas Application
- Complete the High School Dual Credit Supplemental Application
- Submit copy of official student transcript
- Determine if you need to take the TSI Assessment or if you are exempt
|College Ready TSIA2 Scores||Exemptions for Dual Enrolled Students|
CRC below 950 with Diagnostic level = 6
& Reading (ELAR)
CRC 945+ AND Essay of 5+
Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement:
All new students who are under 22 years old must be vaccinated if attending classes on campus. Vaccination is not required for students not attending classes on the LSCO campus or students taking online courses. Visit Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement for more information.
Continuing Dual Credit Student
Students with Documented Disability
Contact the LSCO Special Populations Advisor at 409-882-3393 or visit the Disability Support Services page.
- *FREE courses for Economically Disadvantaged High School Students; Qualifying students are eligible to enroll in any dual credit course approved by your high school at NO COST, regardless of where the course is taught.
- Reduced tuition rates of $45 per semester credit hour for academic transfer courses (English, Math, History, Government, Speech, Art, Science, etc.) taken at the LSCO campus, online, or at the high school;
- Reduced tuition rates of $45 per semester credit hour for technical courses (Process Technology, Construction Management, Cosmetology, Instrumentation, Maritime, Real Estate, Medical Assisting, Pharmacy Technology, Dental Assisting, Welding, etc.) taken at the LSCO campus or online and with LSCO’s faculty;
- FREE courses for students taking technical courses (Process Technology, Construction Management, Cosmetology, Instrumentation, Maritime, Real Estate, Medical Assisting, Pharmacy Technology, Dental Assisting, Welding, etc.) at the high school campus and with qualified ISD faculty.
*Contact the LSCO Dual Credit office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 409-882-3955) for more information
Free Online Tutoring
Upswing: Free Online Tutoring for LSCO Students