Real Estate Licensure Requirements
- Citizen of the United States or lawfully admitted alien
- A DACA recipient does not qualify as a lawfully admitted alien.
- 18 years of age or older
- Meet TREC’s qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity
- Consider requesting a Fitness Determination before applying for the license
You have one year from the date your application is filed to meet all the license requirements below. Check the status of your application using the Application Status Tracker.
- File Your Application
- Get Your Fingerprints Taken and Pass Your Background Check
- Submit Your Qualifying Education
- Take the Exam
- Find a Sponsor
All the details can be found at Texas Real Estate Commission Become a Real Estate Sales Agent.