New Student Checklist
- Online at https://goapplytexas.org/ OR in person in Admissions on 3rd floor of library.
- Information available online: Admission Requirements. Admissions can be reached by phone at 409-882-3364.
- Turn in Copy of Driver’s License.
- Submit meningitis shot records for those under 22 years of age through MedProctor at www.medproctor.com at least 10 days prior to first day of classes.
- Dental Assisting, Pharmacy Tech, and Emergency Medical Services require preadmission
testing and/or additional application process.
For more information visit Health, Workforce, and Technical Studies.
- Send all Transcripts to Admissions:
- Official High School/GED – See additional info needed if you do not have High School Diploma or GED or if you are an International Student.
- Official Colleges/Universities.
- Visit lsco.edu. Click on the Quick Links drop down bar and select “Username/Password Maintenance.”
- Need R800, DOB-MMDDYY format.
- Help Desk 409-882-3033 M-F 8am-5pm or visit room 101 in the Academic Center.
- MyGator is your portal to Blackboard, Gator Self Service, Office 365 email, and more!
- What is Blackboard? Includes campus announcements and access to course content.
- What is Gator Self Service? Check grades, holds, online registration, request transcripts, check account balance, make payments, and more.
- For pre-advisement prior to registration dates.
- During registration dates to be advised and/ or to register for classes.
- Walk-in advising held on the 1st floor of the library.
- Bring copies of transcripts, TSI assessment, or DD214, if applicable.
- Be aware of classes needed at any schools you plan to transfer.
- Inquire about college credits through classes taken at other colleges/universities, AP, CLEP, or other credit by exams.
- If you have no holds and have over 15 hours, we recommend you meet with your Program Director or Division Director in the area of your study and you may register yourself. It is important to develop a relationship with the faculty in your field of study.
- Register yourself for classes through Student Services. Refer to course recommendation sheet or DegreeWorks planner from your advisor.
- Most up to date is available online at https://catalog.lsco.edu
- Pay by due date
- Online on MyGator.
- Cashiers on the 3rd floor of library or call 409-882-3371.
- See Cashier’s Office regarding installment plan, if needed.
- If you are on financial aid, verify it will pay by due date. If not, see Cashier’s Office for short term loan.
- Louisiana residents need to sign a Louisiana Reciprocal Exemption for in-state tuition. Call 409-882-3364 for more info.
- Pay tuition and provide license plate number and ID for Parking Permit.
- Call 409-882-3340 for dates and times.
- Located on the 2nd floor of the Ron E. Lewis Building or call 409-882-3373.
- If you are a student with a disability, you must meet with the Disability Support Services (DSS) coordinator in the Advising Office to request assistance and receive accommodations.
- You must provide documented support of your disability in the form of high school records (i.e., senior level ARD and FIE), current psychological evaluation or medical records signed by an appropriate professional, and meet set criteria.
Remember, you can visit with an advisor for any questions or concerns you may have throughout the semester!