Forklift Operator Training Course
Forklift Operators are in great demand in many Southeast Texas industries including construction, factories, warehouse, transportation, and logistics. This 8-hour Forklift Operator course is 100% OSHA compliant and students are not required to have a high school diploma. The average starting salary is $15 an hour.
This course helps satisfy the operator training requirements under OSHA's Powered Industrial Trucks Standard (1926.602(d) and 1910.178(l)). Specifically, it is designed to help learners choose, inspect, and operate a rough terrain forklift in a safe way, protecting themselves and their coworkers from the potential hazards associated with their use.
After completing this Forklift Operator Safety Training, learners will be able to:
- Identify the basic kinds of forklifts and their controls, and how they differ from automobiles
- Discuss the center of gravity and stability triangle concepts
- Explain what to look for when performing a pre-use inspection
- Describe how to safely operate a rough terrain forklift (including picking up, traveling with, and placing a load)
- Discuss how to park, refuel, and perform maintenance or modifications on a rough terrain forklift
Full payment is required at least 3 business days prior to beginning the program. No refunds are given once the class begins.
Next Course Day
TBA (course is one day)
The course will be held in the Workforce Education Building Classroom 103 located at 320 W. Green Ave Orange, Texas 77630