Our 72-hour Phlebotomy course offers 32 classroom hours and/or online hours, comprised of theory and “hands-on” training, as well as 40 hours of clinical time. This course teaches all aspects of phlebotomy, with current coverage of equipment, safety procedures, arterial blood gases, point-of-care testing, and practical phlebotomy skills. Students will begin practicing on training devices and progress to live skin. Techniques taught consist of capillary puncture, syringe, vacutainer, winged infusion sets and blood culture draws. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion after all course requirements are met.
Note: This program does not include a national or state certification as part of its overall objectives.
To register for this course, complete the Registration Form.
Instructor: Carol Gaspard
SPRING 2022 – January 24, 2022 - March 14, 2022
- Monday Nights Only - 5pm - 9pm
- Clinicals (40 hours) - will be assigned once all assignments and hands-on requirements are complete.
The Lamar State College Orange Community and Workforce Education Department does not accept financial aid, federal student loans, or payment plans for the $500 tuition fee. Full payment is required at least 3 business days prior to beginning the program. No refunds are given once the class begins
- Other fees (approximate): $40 Background Check; $5 Student ID, and $40 scrubs (Do NOT purchase scrubs until the instructor gives you the correct information.)
The course will be held in the Academic Center – Room 220 (Building is located on the corner of 4th Street and Front Street in downtown Orange)
Prior to the first day of class you will need to obtain the following:
- Background Check – Please follow this link for StudentCheck instructions.
Required Textbook (Info below):Phlebotomy 5th Edition Worktext and Procedures ManualAuthors: Robin S Warekois and Richard RobinsonISBN: 978-0-323-64266-8
- Copy of your immunization record. (TB test and the Hepatitis B vaccine series is required prior to being assigned to clinicals.)
- LSCO Student ID Badge Required –Students must wear an ID Badge at all times while at clinical sites. Badges must be purchased on the 3rd Floor of the Ron Lewis Library in the Admissions Office prior to clinical assignment.