Lamar State College Orange provides career advising services to all students and alumni through Career Coach, an online career planning tool. Career Coach assists students through all phases of developing, initiating, and implementing career plans.
Information regarding employment opportunities and career options are provided along with access to live local job postings. Full-time and part-time employment opportunities, as well as internships, are available through Career Coach.
Summary of Services
- Career Assessments
- Up-to-date Job Market Information
- Resume Building (must create an account)
- Live Employment Opportunities
Career Coach Assessment
- This is an interest survey to help you find out what your interests are and how they relate to the workforce.
- You may complete the 6-question quick start assessment or the 60-question detailed assessment.
- When you have finished, you can review your top three traits and details on your top career matches.
- The feedback can help you determine what kind of position and organization best suit your interests.
- Additionally, you can find information on required education level and salary projections.
- Career Coach’s resume builder tool allows you to create up to six different resumes, readily available for download.
- Add your contact information to be displayed at the top of your resume.
- Add work experience and tasks to show employers your past training.
- Be sure to include your past or in-progress education.
- You may download your resume or submit through live job postings.
- Browse live postings and submit your resume!